The Mission of the Occupy Wall Street Outreach Working Group is to engage, educate and mobilize individuals, communities, and organizations in the struggle to end austerity measures and build a society rooted in consensus-building, horizontal decision-making, and economic justice for all.
Outreach accomplishes its mission through numerous initiatives and projects. Specifically, Outreach provides and assists with:
- Tabling throughout New York City with information on economic inequality, the New York City General Assembly, and Occupy Wall Street
- Assisting with the printing and distribution of OWS-related literature and materials
- Speaking face-to-face with individuals about the principles of OWS and how to get involved, via orientation sessions, Occupy Town Squares, Subway Storytelling, etc.
- Developing and maintaining contact lists and communication with local organizations and general assemblies
- Arranging teach-ins and other community building activities with community-based organizations and local general assemblies
- Helping to plan, promote, and mobilize for Occupy Wall Street events and Direct Actions